Tuesday, July 13, 2010

And Now for Something Completely Different

OK, I feel like switching it up a wee bit before diving back into blogging about my other obsessions since the start of December. Basically, I went back and read some things I posted on Facebook. One of those posts was one of those "chain posts" where you are supposed to post something like twenty-five things about you that no one knows. OK... so I decided to redo this exercise. It's not much, but it may be amusing to whatever readers I may have, to see a little more into who I am. So welcome to the inner workings of LycoRogue:

  • The large majority of cartoons that have ever watched were because I was interested in the romantic aspect of it. Yes, even when I was watching good old Nickelodeon, I would watch because I was waiting for Lead Male and Lead Female to finally confess their love... Here are some examples:
    -
    Doug Funnie and Patti Mayonnaise (Doug)
    -
    Helga G. Pataki and Arnold.... (Hey Arnold!) Another blog will soon follow...
    -
    Sam Manson and Danny Fenton (Danny Phantom)
    -
    Goliath and Elisa Maza (Gargoyles) Don't get me wrong, this was an AWESOME show... I just started watching because of the attraction between these two.
    -
    Aang and Katara (Avatar: The Last Airbender) Another awesome show with merit beyond the romance...
    -
    Eduardo Rivera and Kylie Griffin (Extreme Ghostbusters) I even started writing a fanfic for this couple... perhaps I'll start that up again sometime...
    -
    Serena and Darien (Sailor Moon) Well... technically I couldn't care less for their relationship, this one I watched because Darien's voice actor sounded hot...
    -
    Kagome Higurashi and Inu Yasha (Inu Yasha)
    -
    Miroku and Sango (Inu Yasha)
    -
    Tenchi Masaki and Ryoko (Tenchi Muyo/Tenchi Universe)
    -
    Miaka Yuki and Tamahome (Fushigi Yuugi) The first episodes were kinda pathetic, but Remy and I cheering on this couple kept bringing us back until this became one of my favorite animes.
    -
    Dot Matrix and Bob (ReBoot) Yet another show that holds it's own beyond the romance... Well... you get the idea I think... next confession
  • Ever since middle school I could not fall asleep without creating a story in my head. Well, it's actually more like creating a situation. I'd place myself as the main character and come up with some scenario dealing with me and the "male lead" in the story. Typically, these are either fanfics of whatever I'm obsessing at the time, or they're originals based on characters I hope to actually write stories about - such as my D&D character. These stories, depending on how far I move the plot before falling asleep, could last for months. Some story ideas have been:
    - A new
    Batman character called Black Panther. I was Catwoman's niece and the love interest of either Robin or a new character named Night Hawk, depending on whether or not I had a crush at the time...
    - I'm Sango and I create the long-awaited love confession between her and Miroku. This was before the American airing of the two-part InuYasha episode where Miroku and Sango officially become a couple.
    - There are quite a few more in which I create the "confession of love" scenario for almost every couple listed above. I think I spent a great deal of time with Extreme Ghostbusters, Danny Phantom, and Avatar: The Last Airbender.
    - A huge story where I am my D&D character on this intense race-against-time campaign with four other adventurers. The fighter is in love with me, but I'm cold to emotion and must slowly warm up to him throughout the journey.
    - A few "normal" stories consisting of either apartment neighbors, old lovers who are re-aquainted because of work, and co-workers who fall for each other.
    - The strangest I think consists of me and the love-interest being captives of aliens who are studying "human relationships" and our love grows as we are the only companion the other has...
  • I have a not-so-secret crush on Link - yes, as in the main character from the Legend of Zelda game series. There is just something in the concept art of his "adult" form that makes me swoon. I mean, come on! Check these out!
    -
    Battle Stance for Ocarina of Time
    - My original "love":
    Link from Link's Adventure (used to have a Link figurine from this game...)
    -
    Twilight Princess Link close up
    -
    CGed image of Twilight Princess Link
    -
    Twilight Princess concept art - this one was a desktop wallpaper of mine for a while...
    -
    Attacking Link from Twilight Princess
    -
    Stoic Link from Ocarina of Time
    -
    Link and Epona from Ocarina of Time
    And none of these are the fanart! Depending on where you look, some of those can get pretty racey... ^_~
  • My favorite candy consists of peanut butter and chocolate. Reeses all the way! Remember when they used to advertise them by asking how people ate their Reese's? My method was to use my tongue to push out the peanut butter center, eat that, and then eat the remaining ring of chocolate. ^_^ I also make what is called Peanut Butter Balls at Christmas. They're just like they sound... balls of overly-sugared peanut butter dipped in chocolate. I love peanut butter so much I sometimes eat it straight out of the jar. It's ok, I'm young enough to survive a stroke. ^_^
  • I frequently imagine myself as a Neko and can sometimes almost feel my tail wag behind me. And especially now, when we have to keep a sharp ear out for customers coming in while we're away from the front of the store, I can just invision my ears perk up and turn slightly to hear better. In the same respect, my tailbone sticks out more than it’s supposed to and I sometimes envision myself getting a tail attached. It's a shame that I'm not as graceful... in fact, I'm a major clutz.
  • I fancied myself a future music video director at one point. I blame this partially on Disney's Fantasia. This coupled with my image-driven mind results in me having an image in my head whenever I hear a song. Usually it is either the official music video, or it is a fan-made video. However, if I haven't seen a video put to music yet, I tend to come up with my own images. These are, more often than not, usually the start of my own AMVs. I actually have a collection of songs I have on "stand by" for when I have the time/video to make AMVs out of. Prior to being introduced to anime, and AMVs, I used to choreograph the songs. I have a whole little dance for "She's Like the Wind" by Patrick Swayze from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack, as well as Christina Aguilera's "Genie in a Bottle". In fact... I think I could recreate them right now if someone asked. *blush* I also have an epic movie designed for Enya's CD Watermark. It is sort of like the movie Interstella 5555 for the Daft Punk CD Discovery.
  • Onions don't make me cry. I'm actually the only person I know who doesn't at least tear up when slicing onions (at least the only one at work). Sure, my nose still burns from the smell. It's kind of like when you get water in your nose, that kind of burning. But the weirdest thing is that, instead of crying, I TASTE the onion. It's like I picked it up and just bit right into it like an apple. In fact, I have strong compulsions (which I overcome, thankfully since I can't stand the taste of onions) to actually pick up an onion and bite in to it. The worst part is that the taste stays in my mouth for at least an hour after I'm done slicing the onion. Doesn't matter what I eat or drink. The taste just lingers. Does anyone else have this problem?
  • Biggest pet peeve? People not knowing how to use the word literally! Seriously, people? Literally... We'll go real simple here and give you the definition off of TheFreeDictionary.com. Literally: In a literal manner; word for word; In a literal or strict sense. Heck, TheFreeDictionary.com actually spells out for us what annoys me about people's use of the word literally:
    --- Usage Problem
    a. Really; actually: "There are people in the world who literally do not know how to
    boil water" (Craig Claiborne).
    b. Used as an intensive before a figurative expression.
    Usage Note: For more than a hundred years, critics have remarked on the incoherency of using literally in a way that suggests the exact opposite of its primary sense of "in a manner that accords with the literal sense of the words." In 1926, for example, H.W. Fowler cited the example "The 300,000 Unionists ... will be literally thrown to the wolves." The practice does not stem from a change in the meaning of literally itself, if it did, the word would long since have come to mean "virtually" or "figuratively"but from a natural tendency to use the word as a general intensive, as in They had literally no help from the government on the project, where no contrast with the figurative sense of the words is intended.
    Ok, so now that it's spelled out. Here's my two cents. No, silly advertiser, my money is NOT literally going out the door unless I'm seeing the actual bills sliding under the door frame. No, you did NOT literally have a heart attack when that person surprised you unless you were driven to the hospital for such a condition. Unless it ACTUALLY happens, you are using literally as in "virtually" or "figuratively" which is incorrect, and it annoys me. LEARN TO USE THE WORD CORRECTLY! Side Note: for some reason, if a person slaps on the word "almost" before literally, I'm ok with them using the phrase to create a hyperbole: "I almost literally killed someone today." I'm not sure why...
    Oh, one last thing about this. Apparently I'm not the only one annoyed by this.
    Here is a blog dedicated to the misuse of Literally.
  • I am well known for my hatred towards Country music. There is something about it that grates on me. However, I do have to admit that there are maybe 4 country songs that are secretly my guilty pleasures. You will never know which ones they are because I will still proclaim a hatred towards all Country songs, but get me alone in a room somewhere and I will belt them out on the top of my lungs.
  • I'm what I like to call a "closet Goth." I'm not that depressing, suicidal stereotype of goth (prior to the emo-split-off), but instead I'm the happy, cheerful, and delightfully morbid "NCIS-Abby-like" goth. ^_^ I am in to vampires, werewolves, witches/wicca, supernatural, ghosts, etc. The fact that I'm about as pale as a porcelain doll probably doesn't hurt much either. ^_^
  • I miss not getting personalize emails (and in the same vein, any snail mail) anymore. Everything is a mass-email. No one really calls me just to chat, either. I miss human interactions! TT_TT
  • Aside from a healthy fear of the "unsafe," I technically don't have any fears - such as a fear of heights, bugs, spiders, flight, dark, death, thunder, etc.
  • Along those same lines, as far as I know, I am not allergic to anything (aside from a small allergy to poison ivy - just enough to catch it when I touch it).
  • If I could have any super power, I think I'd be like Jean Grey from the X-Men and be telepathic/telekinetic. If your power is great enough, you can create at least an imitation of just about any other super power that way. Want to fly? Telekineticly move yourself through the air. Invincibility? Telekinetically prevent things from hitting you. Shape shifting? Telepathically manipulate how you look to people. (This wouldn't be as much fun as ACTUALLY morphing, but whatever). Super strength? Back to telekinetics to help you lift/bend/break items. See through walls? Telepathically look through the eyes of someone on the other side of said wall. Etc.
  • I'm not ticklish

Alright, done, even though this is only 15 and not 25 items. It has kept me a WHILE to even come up with this list. **Dang it's hard to find information that the general public doesn't already know about me... I'm such an open book. :-P **

I hope you enjoyed both this little segment, and my return to posting (after friggen 7 months! Slacker!)

No comments:

Post a Comment