Friday, October 16, 2009

What the Fridge!?

Ok, so as mentioned in an earlier post (*cough* yesterday *cough*), Mina and I are trying to come up with a name for the collaborative production company we are creating for our AMV making. I had suggested that we use an inside joke, but alas, we don't really have too many that can be summed up in a short enough phrase to be a studio name. The closest I came was based on a quote of hers from about a year back. You can see our family's American Flag from my bedroom window, and once when Mina was visiting I happened to have my blinds drawn and she could only see the silhouette of the flag flapping in the wind. She called out, "Oh my god, it's a stalker! Oh wait, it's your flag." I found it hilarious. Anyway, I had suggested Stalker Flag or Flag Stalker as possible production names. Not the greatest, but better than others I came up with.
Well, I think we had a breakthrough today. A new girl started working today and our boss was showing her around. There wasn't really anything for Mina or I to really do, so we just wandered looking for busy work so our boss wouldn't yell at us. One of the things I decided to do busy-work-wise was to check to see if we needed back-ups of any of our food products. After a brief moment I turned around and rejoined Mina out front. She commented on how quickly I checked on the back-ups and I responded with "Yeah, the fridge door is slightly open. Sal must be showing her the fridge layout." Mina then laughed and replied "so that's what they're calling it these days." We laughed and quietly joked about being "in the fridge" for the next few minutes. Finally, I turned to Mina and said, "That should be our production name! In The Fridge Productions!" And she actually agreed with me! So there you have it. I think we officially named our AMV studio "In The Fridge Productions" ^_^
I went home and quickly googled "In The Fridge Productions" in an attempt to see if any other AMVers had taken the name yet. Strangely enough, I actually got
3 hits! On professional production companies no less! Granted, none of them were specifically "In The Fridge" productions, but still. Check them out! On the plus side, no one with "fridge" in their studio name showed up on AMV.Org... So I think we're still good on the name ^_^
Anyway, my next task after verifying the production name was to start working on the
logo bump. I started with some simple refrigerator clip art, but then I remembered that a lot of AMV studios actually use anime clips as their bump. So I hopped on to YouTube and searched "Anime Fridge" and stumbled upon something awesome. Cowboy Bebop had an episode where they were invaded by something from their moldy fridge and there were a few AMVs about this episode put to "Weird Al" Yankovic's song "Livin in the Fridge". I had forgotten Weird Al did the song Livin in the Fridge. I was originally going to use a royalty-free song off of KillerTracks, but Weird Al typically has no problem with his fans using his songs for fan-vids, so perhaps I'll grab a copy of the song from Remy and use that for our production logo bump....
In the meantime, I'm waiting for Mina to navigate her way through the invasion of her sister and 2 friends coming home from college, get to her computer, and answer my questions about using cowboy bebop and/or Weird Al... Update posted soonish I'm sure. ^_^

1 comment:

  1. "In the Fridge"? LOL!

    I can hardly wait to see this logo bump!

    ReplyDelete